How can we help?
How do I make a refund to a patient if one of the drugs doesn’t suit the patient?
To refund money if the patient wishes to return a prescribed medication, a credit note can be used.
- Go to Invoice, click Credit Note on top.
- At the Credit Note page, click Add Credit Note.
- Select the patient in the popup window. Click Add Credit Note.
- Click Add Item at the top right corner.
- Key in the item for refund, in this case, the medicine prescribed with the price in Total. Click Save.
- Add the item(s) to be refunded in the list and click Save at the bottom.
- Edit or Print as required by clicking buttons on the top right corner.
- Credit notes can then be used for a refund directly or used as the payment method in the next transaction. For this case, to refund the money directly, click Add/Edit Refunds.
- Select the refund method and amount, click Save.
- Complete refund by cash (in this case) will result in the remaining credit as 0. Then, proceed to drug stock adjustment.
- After adding the credit note stated, the drug stock needs to be adjusted manually. Go to Drug Inventory and click Adjust for the medicine refunded.
- Adjust the quantity by selecting adjust type as INCREASE. Select the expiry date of refunded medicine and add a remark on the right column if necessary.
- Click Save.